Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated marinara sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced Italian tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in marinara sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Drain tortellini; stir into skillet. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 23, 2013
My husband loved this dish...it's a quick, easy dinner! I used garlic marinara sauce instead of plain. Will make again!
Jun 12, 2011
This was so easy and so good and everyone loved it. I like the idea of doubling the recipe. I'm not a mushroom lover so didn't add them but will next time for the family :-) It was a great recipe!
Nov 30, 2010
This was very easy and good! I doubled the recipe and used jarred marinara. I usually just make my tortellini with marinara or alfredo sauce, so the extras really added to the dish! Even my 3.5 year old liked it. I will definitely make this again!
Nov 2, 2009
this was so easy yet very good! I used Italian cheese (since I had it on hand) and added some Italian seasoning and garlic. I could not find refrigerated marinara sauce, so used regular marinara sauce and it was excellent. Will definitely make this again!!
Mar 16, 2009
I left out the mushrooms and this was great!