Tortellini and Ham
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute pepper strips in butter until crisp-tender. Add ham and garlic; saute 1 minute longer.
- Combine the cornstarch, broth, basil, parsley and pepper; stir into pepper mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add 2 tablespoons cheese. Drain tortellini; toss with ham mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 453 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 1168mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
May 23, 2017
Mmmmm. Yum. We liked this recipe. It used up some leftover ham and it was quick and easy to make.
Sep 19, 2016
We like it better with shredded chicken and fresh red/yellow/orange peppers. It's a hit either way and great for potlucks!
Aug 21, 2015
I doubled the recipe for our large family. It was good! Super easy to make and the whole family loved it. I used colorful fresh bell peppers and the only seasoning I used was Italian seasoning, pepper, and a sprinkle of kosher salt at the end. Will make again!
Mar 30, 2015
This is a keeper! my husband doesn't like tortellini and he went back for seconds!
Mar 6, 2014
This was really good! I hate to revamp a recipe and rate it but I stayed really close to this. I ran out of parm and parsley. I omitted the parsley and basil and added one tsp of Italian seasoning. I used fresh Romano cheese in place of parm. The flavor was amazing and lighter without a traditional cream sauce :)
Dec 27, 2013
Nov 27, 2012
i just got thru makn this and i made it basicly according to the recipe. i did change the broth to 1 cup and cornstarch to 1 T. Also the package of 3 cheese tortellini was 20 ounces. i did 1 cup of green, red, yellow and orange bell pepper so it was very colorful ;) i used leftover ham from Thanksgiving so it wasnt just canned ham :D i also sauted the garlic with the peppers instead of waiting to add it a little later. its delicious but i will wait and see what my 2 boys will think when they get off the bus lol
Jun 1, 2012
Great way to use up leftover ham!
Dec 8, 2011
This was exceptionally good. All the basil makes it taste just like a pesto sauce. Could hardly wait to eat it again for lunch. YUM!
Nov 11, 2011
Easy, tasted great, and my picky kids ate it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.