Tortellini with Salmon-Ricotta Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 pouch (7.1 ounces) boneless skinless pink salmon
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in mozzarella cheese until melted. Stir in the ricotta cheese, salmon, dill, lemon peel, lemon juice and salt.
- Drain tortellini; add to ricotta sauce. Cook and stir until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 373 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 797mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 medium-fat meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Jun 6, 2012
I have made this recipe several times and it is always my go-to when I have left-over ricotta from another recipe. I usually saute asparagus with the onions and garlic to add a vegetable to the dish and make it more of a one-pot-meal.
Feb 26, 2011
quick, healthy, & delicious. This recipe is a definite winner. I didn't have a fresh lemon so I just used lemon juice without the lemon peel. I also used a 6oz package of salmon because thats all I had around.
Apr 5, 2010
I substituted cream cheese and more mozzarella for the ricotta and it was really delicious!
Feb 17, 2010
This recipe is excellent and a keeper, for sure. The only problem is my third son is deathly allergic to seafood so it will NOT be served when he is home. Other than that, we love it.
Feb 6, 2010
I wasn't too impressed with the flavors in this recipe. I feel like I wasted the salmon that I used. It was my mistake by over cooking the tortellini noodles but the sauce in this recipe tasted too lemony and was lacking in other flavors. I was hoping this would be much better.