Christmas Eve Confetti Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (61-70 per pound)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute the peppers, onion, garlic and seasonings in oil until vegetables are tender.
- Add the shrimp; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Drain linguine; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 418 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 176mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Aug 15, 2019
This was bland, I will make again but double the spices and toss the pasta with butter. I made it in summer and used red and yellow peppers.
Jul 23, 2019
We had this for a summer cookout as a cold side dish. The flavor is light, simple, and tasty. I would recommend doubling the dry spices and olive oil.
Jul 6, 2017
It's about as far away from Christmas as you can get, but I made this tonight and really enjoyed the light flavor as a summer dinner. I am going to try the leftovers cold tomorrow for lunch.
Feb 1, 2017
Delicious and easy. I cut it down to two servings. Other commenters said it was dry so I saved some of the pasta water and added some granulated bouillon and poured that over the shrimp and veggies before I added the pasta. Really good, not soupy, just enough moisture. I used olive oil spray rather than olive oil to cut down on calories a bit. Try it.
Dec 23, 2016
Aug 1, 2016
Very good dish!! Loved the flavors and shredded Parmesan. Served with salad and corn on the cob.
Jan 9, 2016
I made this xmas eve and my family loved it that much I made it again new years eve I used prawns because I couldn,t get shrimps we added our own parmesan and I cut lemon wedges for anyone who wanted them we live in england
Dec 18, 2015
I haven't made this yet. It sounds easy enough, and since I was planning to serve shrimp this evening anyways, I think I'll give it a try, but I'll cut the recipe in half.
Dec 17, 2015
For those who said the shrimp is too bland try buying steamed shrimp from the grocery store and add it to your dish. I do this quite often so the shrimp flavor is enhanced. HAPPY HOLIDAYS everyone!
Dec 8, 2015
set aside a large ladle of the water when the pasta is done. if your pasta seems too dry add this ladle of pasta water to the drained pasta as needed.