Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, green pepper and onion; saute until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Increase heat to medium-high. In same skillet, heat remaining oil. Spread pasta evenly in skillet to form a crust. Cook until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes.
- Turn crust onto a large plate. Reduce heat to medium; slide crust back into skillet. Top with pizza sauce, sauteed vegetables and olives; sprinkle with cheese and Italian seasoning. Bake until cheese is melted, 10-12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 374 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 532mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 20, 2019
I love the flavor of this dish! It's a great recipe for cast iron. Our biggest challenge was getting the spaghetti to stay in crust form. Packing it a bit tighter next time might help. It still tasted good, though!
Mar 3, 2018
I'd used: 18-oz. can PASTA sauce, 1/2 c. 5-cheese Italian blend. Increased olive oil to 6 tsp., DIVIDED. I'd left the pasta in the skillet, topped with the sauce and sprinkled with cheese and Italian seasoning. Olives were omitted. This is a really delicious recipe!