Potluck Pasta Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 1 hour 25 min.
Makes20 servings (5 quarts)
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 8 cups water
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1-1/2 cups diced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- In a stockpot, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the water, tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion, green pepper, tomato sauce, soup mix, sugar and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Stir in macaroni and beans; heat through. Discard bay leaves.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 136 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 10, 2015
Everyone who has this soup loves it!!! Great for serving family and friends.
Nov 24, 2014
This IS a great soup for a potluck! It makes a huge amount. I like that it is loaded with so many vegetables. I only gave it 4 stars because the taste was a bit bland, but overall its a good recipe for a crowd.Update: I played around with this recipe--the bland taste was really bugging me. I added red cayenne pepper, more black pepper and garlic salt. It really helped.