Potluck Antipasto Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red or green pepper, julienned
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, julienned
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, julienned
- 4 ounces brick or provolone cheese, julienned
- 4 ounces thinly sliced hard salami, julienned
- 3 ounces thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced chives
- BASIL VINAIGRETTE:
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, beans, vegetables, cheeses, meats, olives and chives.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Toss before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 248 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 431mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
May 24, 2015
This salad is wonderful! I made it for our granddaughter's baptism celebration and everyone loved it! (We especially liked the variety of ingredients!) I made a few changes to the dressing which included substituting my homemade pesto for the basil, adding 1 tsp. dried oregano, 1 Tbl. sugar and a little more salt...YUM! I can't wait to make it again!
Jul 13, 2013
The prep for this was daunting and I found it bland. I will try it again and experiment with adding additional seasoning.
Jun 1, 2012
The husband loved it. Was easy to make. I used Italian dressing in place of the vinaigrette. Great summer time dish with a slice of homemade bread.
Jul 18, 2011
My daughter ask me frequently to fix this salad for her to take for lunch to school.I prefer to use the mini pasta and the mini peperoni for her, but I also have used the garden delight penne pasta with the regular peperoni. It is one of our family favorite.
Jan 19, 2010
Try whole wheat pasta or the new low carb pasta for a low carb Antipasto Salad. Very tasty - great summer potluck for church.
Jan 19, 2010
Will be trying this recipe but, with whole wheat pasta..Looks good
Jul 9, 2009
I have made this several times now this summer and was demanded to bring this to a family reunion coming up. There is alot of prep with this dish but it's so worth it! Very tasty, wouldn't change a thing! Excellent!
Jan 2, 2009
Pasta and low carb don't mixKarin
Nov 8, 2008
It sounds lovely, but with the pasta present it can't be low carb :)
May 6, 2008
sounds good. Thanks
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.