Antipasto Marinated Vegetables
The colorful vegetables and the tart dressing make this a lively addition to a holiday table. Serve it as a side dish or condiment—it's great either way. Refrigerate for three hours before serving to give the flavors time to blend. —Barbara McCalley, Allison Park, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 green onions (white parts only), thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (2 ounces) pimiento strips
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place 1 in. of water, celery, carrots and green pepper in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until crisp-tender, 5-7 minutes. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl; add artichokes, mushrooms and olives.
- In a small saucepan, whisk oil, vinegar, onions, garlic, sugar, pepper and salt; bring just to a boil. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Cool to room temperature. Stir in pimientos and parsley. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 156 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Marinated Vegetables in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017