Simple Marinated Vegetables
Crisp and refreshing, this lovely veggie salad takes center stage whenever Hindy Silberstein serves it. "I like to toss it together for large gatherings and parties," she says from Highland Mills, New York. "I always place it in the middle of the table so folks have easy access. Before I know it, my 'center-piece' bowl is empty!"
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3 medium yellow summer squash, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 each medium green, sweet red, yellow and orange peppers, sliced or chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole baby corn, drained
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the squash, peppers, onion, corn and carrot. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 72 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Marinated Vegetable Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.