A friend shared this recipe with me more than 25 years ago, and I still get raves when I serve them as part of an antipasto platter. —Jean Johnson, Reno, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, pepper flakes and salt; pour over olive mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts1/8 cup: 30 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Italian Olives in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005