Favorite Marinated Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 medium cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, mushrooms, tomatoes and onion. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 48 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 31, 2015
Delicious and so easy. I have Made it three times now. The first time I altered it very slightly by Balanchine the vegetables for 30 seconds and then putting them in iced water to stoop them cooking —though actually I thought I'd read to do that in the recipe but i must have either imagined it or read it in another similar recipe somewhere. The second time I just marinated them. Both methods came out well, but I think the blanched ones looked a little more colourful.The third time I blanched as before but forgot to put the, in iced water. Oops! So they came out less crunchy,; they tasted the same but the crunchy ones were better.This recipe has quite reconciled me to the idea/practice of eating my vegetables raw. — this way they still have wonderful crunch but the marinating makes them taste far better.
May 4, 2010
It is good, healthy, and wonderful. I think I will double the fat free Italian dressing the next time