Simple Marinated Tomato Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 8 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- Arrange tomatoes in a serving bowl; sprinkle with parsley. Combine the remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour over tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 90 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jun 24, 2019
Simple, refreshing and delicious salad, esp. with ripe tomatoes off the vine.
Aug 30, 2015
WOW!!!!! Yummmmmmy. Thank you Mary.
Aug 2, 2010
I love the taste of this all together. Great summer dish or any time.
Sep 27, 2009
Tried this - it's very good. It's great as a quick tasty side dish to grilled meats on a busy night, especially when those garden-grown tomatoes appear at the end of summer. I love no-fuss recipes like this.