Marinated Cheese-Topped Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, chilled
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup medium pitted green olives
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cut cream cheese into 1/2-inch cubes; toss with half of the dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, arugula, tomatoes, shallots and olives. Drizzle with remaining dressing; toss to coat. Top with marinated cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 342 calories, 34g fat (11g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 461mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 18, 2012
I am not a big salad eater, but I really liked this. My husband did, too, and our young children even took a few nibbles!
May 12, 2011
I substituted feta cheese for the cream cheese. The dressing on this salad was perfect. Took it to a family dinner and was even asked for the recipe :)
Mar 30, 2011
I took this salad to a luncheon. Everybody loved it and wanted the recipe.
Mar 28, 2011
I found this to be too greasy with 1/2 cup oil, and 1 tbsp red wine vinegar...... I would suggest less oil. also I would use feta cheese cubes not cream cheese croutons.....