Italian Ham and Cheese Salad
I came up with this recipe when I was asked to prepare a main-dish salad for a ladies group on a limited budget. Everyone agreed it tasted like a million bucks!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) spiral pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3/4 cup creamy Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 278 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 712mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Italian Ham and Cheese Salad in Country Pork