Pomegranate Splash Salad
The sparkling pomegranate gems make this salad irresistibly beautiful. My family loves it at holiday gatherings when pomegranates are in season. Even the children can't get enough of this antioxidant-rich delight. —Emily Jamison, Champaign, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- CRANBERRY VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/2 cup thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Dash salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Serve with salad.
Nutrition Facts1 cup with about 4-1/2 teapoons vinaigrette: 164 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Pomegranate Splash Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2012