Pomegranate Persimmon Salad
To bring some sunshine to the table, I toss up a bright salad of persimmons and pomegranate seeds, dressed with a puckery vinaigrette. —Linda Tambunan, Dublin, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ripe Fuyu persimmons or 3 plums, sliced
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) baby kale salad blend
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Place first six ingredients in a jar with a lid; shake well. Refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, shake vinaigrette and toss 1/2 cup with persimmons. Toss remaining vinaigrette with salad blend. Top with persimmons and pomegranate seeds.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 175 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Persimmon Pomegranate Salad in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.