Hazelnut and Pear Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup chopped red onion, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 medium pear, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- For dressing, place 1/3 cup hazelnuts, 2 tablespoons onion, water, vinegar, sugar, salt, garlic and paprika in a food processor; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens and remaining onion; add 1/2 cup dressing and toss to coat. Divide among six salad plates.
- Top each salad with pear, cheese, cherries and remaining hazelnuts; drizzle with the remaining dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 272 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 29, 2010
This was a fantastic salad. I made it with pecans because that is what I had and it was great. My whole family loved it!
Jan 28, 2010
I used dried cranberries and goat cheese since I had those things.