Bacon Pear Salad with Parmesan Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups chopped leaf lettuce
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- PARMESAN GARLIC DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce and kale. Top with pears, pepper jack cheese and bacon. In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, mustard, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and pepper. Gradually whisk in enough milk to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 206 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 21, 2019
Wonderful salad enjoyed by the whole family. Didn't change a thing and liked it so well we made it again a couple of nights later!
Nov 30, 2019
Everyone at Thanksgiving dinner loved the dressing. I substituted Monterey Jack for the pepper jack to make it a little less spicy.
Oct 20, 2019
Three stars because we liked the dressing - the salad well the ingredients just don’t pair well in our opinion.