Raspberry Pear Salad with Glazed Walnuts
The sweet and tart tastes of this spectacular salad both surprise and please the palate. A raspberry vinaigrette ties everything together. —Diana Neves, Lafayette, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 ounces Cambozola cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinaigrette
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small heavy skillet over low heat, stir honey and sugar until sugar is melted; add walnuts. Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until nuts are toasted. Spread on foil to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, pears, raspberries, cheese and walnuts. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Editor's Note: You may substitute Brie and/or blue cheese for the Cambozola cheese. To Make Ahead: Prepare the glazed walnuts a few days before. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 150 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Ripe Pear Salad with Red Raspberry Viniagrette in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.