Gorgonzola Pear Salad
This quick, easy recipe really showcases pears. When I have leftover cooked chicken, I often add it to the recipe to make a main dish salad.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes6 servings (1-1/4 cups dressing)
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium pears, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- For dressing, in a blender, combine the vinegar, pear halves and salt; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- In a salad bowl, combine the greens, chopped pears, tomato, walnuts and cheese. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing; toss to coat. Serve with pepper if desired. Refrigerate any leftover dressing.
Originally published as Chopped Pear Salad with Walnuts and Gorgonzola in Country December/January 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.