Hidden Pear Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (16 ounces) pears, liquid drained and reserved
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- Lettuce leaves
- In a saucepan, bring pear liquid to a boil. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool at room temperature until syrupy. Meanwhile, puree pears in a blender.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon juice until fluffy and smooth. Add pureed pears and mix well. Prepare whipped topping according to package directions; fold into pear mixture. Fold in cooled gelatin.
- Pour into a 4-1/2-cup mold that has been coated with cooking spray. Chill overnight. Just before serving, unmold salad onto a lettuce-lined platter.
Apr 1, 2018
We had this as part of our Easter dinner and it was soooo good. The taste of the lime with the cream cheese was an awesome balance of flavors!
Mar 6, 2015
LOVE this salad. I like the hidden nutrition for kids and the ease of preparation. I make in 9x13 and have served on lettuce.
Jun 28, 2013
I'd tried this recipe for the first time on 6/22/13! I doubled the ingredients except the pears which I used my food processor to pulse! I used the juice from 15-oz. canof Bartlett pears & the juice from the pears + water to equal 2 cups of liquid.]I used 2 packages of lime gelatin and 1/2 tsp. lemon juice-I used bottled. I also used 8-oz. softened cream cheese + an 8-oz. container of COOL WHIP, since I'd had it on hand in my freezer! This saladwas delicious and NOT much was left! I used my Tupperware ring mold, coated withcooking spray! I took it to the luncheon at our chapel 6/23/13! A friend took the balance of the salad home to share with HER family! Thank you for this recipe, Sharon Mensing! I definitely plan to use this recipe time and again! DELOWENSTEIN
Jun 27, 2010
This is the Jell-O salad I make most often. It's easy enough for an accompaniment to an everday meal and special enough for holiday and company dinners.
May 11, 2010
Usually I don't care for gelatin salads, because of the lack of nutrition, but this has food value, easy to make and tastes great. A nice addition to a large meal.