Roquefort Pear Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 10 cups torn salad greens
- 3 large ripe pears, sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, pears, onions, cheese and almonds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 171 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Apr 11, 2014
My husband and I loved this salad. I made it with arugula. Delicious.
Dec 15, 2010
I have substituted Fuji apples for the pears and added dried cranberries and it was wonderful.
Oct 9, 2010
This is a wonderful large salad, with a tasty balance of sweet and savory flavors.