Pear Chicken Salad
This beautiful, flavorful salad from Rebecca Baird of Salt Lake City, Utah is sprinkled with feta cheese, sweetened cranberries and walnuts for extra depth, pop, and crunch. —Rebecca Baird, Salt Lake City, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 medium ripe pear, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups cooked chicken strips
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- On each of four salad plates, arrange the greens, pear, chicken, feta cheese, cranberries and nuts. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salads.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 348 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Pear and Grilled Chicken Salad in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.