Pear Chicken Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium pear, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, chicken, pear, cheese and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, maple syrup and salt. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts2-1/2 cups: 420 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 365mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein.
Nov 2, 2015
We especially loved the Maple Vinaigrette! I used white balsamic vinegar instead of regular. I also omitted the chicken, but we had it with toasted chicken sandwiches (called chicken barbs in the Merrimack valley in MA). It was delicious with the sandwiches...sweet of the cranberries, crunch of the crisp sliced pears and romaine...definitely a keeper. The bleu cheese is perfect in the salad. Yum, yum, yum....want more!!!!
Dec 13, 2012
I made a couple of changes: goat cheese instead of blue, turkey instead of chicken, almonds instead of walnuts, and a little less oil. Definitely worth an encore.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.