Chicken Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, shredded
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Add lettuce, chicken, cheese and, if desired, almonds; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 275 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 14, 2015
So easy to put together! We added extras in the form of pre-cooked bacon pieces and sliced cherry tomatoes. We put the almonds on the side for those who wanted them. Great summertime recipe!
May 24, 2014
Delicious! I made a "loaded" salad with the white meat from a rotisserie chicken. We loved the "bite" of the Dijon! Served it with hard boiled egg and put the salad into pita pockets to eat. Thank you, Lynne!
May 3, 2014
I liked the other ingredients but found the dressing too strong. Would make again but with a different dressing.
Mar 17, 2014
Yummy! and So simple! I substituted walnuts for the almonds and added some tart apple and served it in a tortilla bowl.