Chicken Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, shredded
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Add lettuce, chicken, cheese and, if desired, almonds; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 275 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 fat.
Jul 14, 2015
So easy to put together! We added extras in the form of pre-cooked bacon pieces and sliced cherry tomatoes. We put the almonds on the side for those who wanted them. Great summertime recipe!
May 24, 2014
Delicious! I made a "loaded" salad with the white meat from a rotisserie chicken. We loved the "bite" of the Dijon! Served it with hard boiled egg and put the salad into pita pockets to eat. Thank you, Lynne!
May 3, 2014
I liked the other ingredients but found the dressing too strong. Would make again but with a different dressing.
Mar 17, 2014
Yummy! and So simple! I substituted walnuts for the almonds and added some tart apple and served it in a tortilla bowl.