Italian Chopped Salad with Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 pound sliced pancetta or bacon strips, chopped
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 cups iceberg lettuce blend
- 1 cup cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup cubed pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- In a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients; sprinkle with pancetta. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 228 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 522mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Sep 23, 2016
very good. I especially like the vinegar-free dressing. Will definitely have again.
Sep 4, 2016
This is one of my favorite salads. I especially like the pesto dressing! I usually make it with great northern beans or cannellini beans instead of the black-eyed peas because I keep those on hand.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.