Spaghetti Salad with Italian Dressing
THIS salad is surprisingly flavorful and light, a refreshing change from a mayonnaise-based dressing. There is a nice contrast of textures and it's very easy to make. It can be adjusted to the number of people served.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place pasta in a bowl; add tomato, mushrooms, olives, onion and garlic. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 344 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 587mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Spaghetti Salad in Reminisce Extra July 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.