Grilled Chicken Chopped Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 6 tablespoons zesty Italian salad dressing, divided
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1 medium red onion, quartered
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1 bunch romaine, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- Additional salad dressing, optional
- In a bowl, toss chicken with 4 tablespoons dressing. Brush zucchini and onion with remaining 2 tablespoons dressing.
- Place corn, zucchini and onion on a grill rack over medium heat; close lid. Grill zucchini and onion 2-3 minutes on each side or until tender. Grill corn 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Cut corn from cobs; cut zucchini, onion and chicken into bite-size pieces. In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or other glass bowl, layer romaine, cucumber, grilled vegetables and chicken. If desired, serve with additional dressing.
Nutrition Facts3 cups: 239 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 276mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Aug 23, 2016
What a colorful, delicious, healthy summer meal. Great way to use up garden bounty, but also for any time of year. Loved the combination of grilled chicken and vegetables.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.