Chicken Salad with a Twist
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/3 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown or horseradish mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, onion, celery, cucumber and olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk the Italian dressing, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Just before serving, fold in tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 215 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Mar 30, 2015
I made this for a potluck and I thought it lacked zing. I had about half left, and ate it for supper with more Italian dressing on it. It was better. I don't think I would make it again.
Jun 27, 2013
Aug 7, 2012
WOW! I did not have high expectations for this recipe, but it was quick and I had most of the ingredients on hand. RAVE reviews from the whole family!
Aug 13, 2009
Took this dish to an office get-together recently & received rave comments - enough for family who liked it as well.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.