Chicken Salad with a Twist
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/3 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown or horseradish mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, onion, celery, cucumber and olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk the Italian dressing, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Just before serving, fold in tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 215 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 30, 2015
I made this for a potluck and I thought it lacked zing. I had about half left, and ate it for supper with more Italian dressing on it. It was better. I don't think I would make it again.
Jun 27, 2013
Aug 7, 2012
WOW! I did not have high expectations for this recipe, but it was quick and I had most of the ingredients on hand. RAVE reviews from the whole family!
Aug 13, 2009
Took this dish to an office get-together recently & received rave comments - enough for family who liked it as well.