Grilled Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni, ziti or spiral pasta
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh dill or 5 teaspoons dill weed
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijion mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove from the grill and place in a single layer on a platter; sprinkle with lemon juice and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss pasta, red pepper, celery, onion and dill. Remove chicken from platter; pour juices into a bowl. Slice chicken widthwise into thin strips; add to pasta mixture.
- To the juices, add vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper; whisk well. Whisk in oil very slowly in a stream until dressing is thickened.
- Pour over salad and toss. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl or on individual lettuce-lined plates.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 689 calories, 33g fat (5g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 38g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 29, 2012
I have been making this for years. It always gets rave reviews! The only thing I change is I use the juice of a whole lemon on the grilled chicken, and I chunk the chicken and add it with the pasta. Very good!!