Slices of this pretty sandwich are great for any casual get-together. Add or change ingredients to your taste. —Peggy Woodward, East Troy, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 Focaccia bread (about 12 ounces), halved lengthwise
- 4 romaine leaves
- 1/4 pound shaved deli ham
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced into rings
- 1/4 pound shaved deli turkey
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 4 to 6 slices provolone cheese
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and olives; spread over the bottom half of bread. Layer with remaining ingredients; replace bread top. Cut into wedges; secure with toothpicks.
TEST KITCHEN TIP A rectangular-shaped focaccia bread, measuring about 12 in. x 8 in., works best for this sandwich.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 113 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Focaccia Sandwich in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.