Slices of this pretty sandwich make any casual get-together more speical. Add or change ingredients to your taste. —Peggy Woodward, Shullsburg, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 focaccia bread (about 12 ounces), split
- 4 romaine leaves
- 1/4 pound shaved deli ham
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced into rings
- 1/4 pound shaved deli turkey
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 4 to 6 slices provolone cheese
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and olives; spread over the bottom half of bread. Layer with remaining ingredients; replace bread top. Cut into 24 wedges; secure with toothpicks.
TEST KITCHEN TIP A rectangular-shaped focaccia bread, measuring about 12x8 in., works best for this sandwich.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 113 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Focaccia Sandwich in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook