French Market Sandwiches
"I first tasted this warm ham and cheese sandwich at a luncheon, and it quickly became a favorite in our house," says Florence McNulty of Montebello, California. "I keep some in the freezer for fast meals. My bridge club enjoys them with soup and fresh fruit."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 10 croissants, split
- 1-1/4 pounds thinly sliced deli ham
- 10 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, combine butter, mustard, onions, poppy seeds and curry powder. Spread over cut sides of croissants. Place ham and cheese on croissants; replace tops. Wrap individually in foil.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 476 calories, 30g fat (18g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 1303mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as French Market Sandwiches in Quick Cooking May/June 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.