Bacon, Egg & Avocado Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 bacon strips, halved crosswise
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 4 thin slices tomato
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 slices Gouda cheese, optional
- 1 slice red onion, separated into rings, optional
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Pour off drippings.
- In same skillet, break eggs, one at a time, into pan; immediately reduce heat to low. Cook until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken. Remove from heat; sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- Spread Miracle Whip over two slices of toast. Top with bacon, eggs, tomato, avocado and, if desired, cheese and onion. Spread butter over remaining toast; place over top.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 448 calories, 23g fat (7g saturated fat), 209mg cholesterol, 864mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 8, 2016
This was a good sandwich, but I just felt it was a little overkill. Sometimes too much of a good thing is just too much..as was the case here.
Apr 27, 2016
Always in search of a recipe for just one or two, this one is not only easy, delicious but fits the bill. Word of caution.. this makes a BIG, THICK sandwich and definitely takes two hands to eat it. Don't cut it in half. You will make this one over and over again.