Focaccia Bread Squares
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes. Knead for 1 minute. Press into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Press dough 1/4 in. up the sides of pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 20-30 minutes or until sightly risen.
- With a wooden spoon handle, make indentations at 1-in. intervals. Brush dough with oil; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, rosemary and garlic salt. Bake at 400° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly. Cut into squares; serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 85 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 25, 2013
Taste like heaven come out better then any other Focaccia Bread recipe that I have tried would give this 10 star if I could Please post more recipes like this one
Apr 25, 2013
Taste like heaven come out better then any other Focaccia Bread recipe that I have tried would give this 10+++++ star if I could Please post more recipes like this one
Jan 1, 2012
We love this recipe and use shredded asiago or parmesan cheese. It bakes nicely in a metal roasting pan.
Dec 13, 2010
We love this bread! It is so easy to make with the bread machine dough. One substitution I made is to use olive oil instead of butter in the dough. It works out just fine. Sometimes I substitute Italian seasoning or pizza spice for the rosemary. This bread is a huge favorite at our house with family and friends alike!
Aug 26, 2010
This is incredibly easy and very good. It’s a unique alternative to garlic bread.
Nov 28, 2009
I've made this many times - it's easy and it goes great with any Italian dish! Friends and family love it!
Nov 17, 2009
Don't worry if you don't have a bread machine - it works just fine to mix it by hand or with a stand mixer (what I do). I've made this bread many times and my family loves it. It's great!
Nov 13, 2009
I've used this recipe, with milk rather than dry milk powder, for years - since long before bread machines were around.This recipe is perfect for the bread machine. It's easy, nearly fail proof, smells glorious, tastes scrumptious, and look complicated. What more can you ask?
Oct 31, 2009
This has been a go to recipe for me since the first time I tried it.