Guacamole Appetizer Squares
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 package (1 pound) sliced bacon, diced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups guacamole
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Unroll both tubes of crescent dough and pat into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; seal seams and perforations. Build up edges. Prick dough with a fork; sprinkle with taco seasoning. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and guacamole until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over crust. Sprinkle with bacon, tomatoes and olives. Refrigerate until serving. Cut into squares.
Apr 15, 2018
Loved it! Added some chopped green onions. Next time will try to add some Mexican blend shredded cheese and maybe some chopped cilantro. Was delicious just as it's written.
Jul 9, 2015
Very delicious. I made them several times. I can no longer eat gluten so I am sad I can not make them any more. I will have to experiment with some gluten free crescent recipes. They are rich so don't cut the pieces too large.
Jul 13, 2013
This was good, but I'll add some additional spices next time as the taste was a bit blah.
Apr 25, 2010
Like the guacamole cream cheese mixture. Made my own guacamole. Would add chopped onions on top next time. Sprinkled fresh calantro on top for color. Everyone enjoyed.
Oct 27, 2009
This was a VERY easy and very tasty appetizer. Truly a hit and we've made it several times.