Cinnamon Cream Cheese Squares
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Unroll one tube of dough and place in a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Seal seams and perforations; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over dough.
- Unroll remaining tube of dough and place over cream cheese mixture, stretching to fit. Brush butter evenly over top; sprinkle with cinnamon and remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool; cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 91 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 5, 2017
I used 1 c sugar and 1/2 cup butter. Otherwise, it was the same.....they are awesome!!! A keeper for sure.
Apr 1, 2016
This recipe is a KEEPER! I did grease and flour my pan, plus I'd used just enough flour to press the crescent dough in prepared pan and to make sure the seams and perforations for both bottom and top crusts were sealed well. I used 1/2 cup CINNAMON-SUGAR to sprinkle over the top layer of dough. Everything else was kept as is-I HAD used margarine instead of butter, but it worked well FOR ME! The bars cut beautifully! I definitely will be using this recipe again! Thank you so much for sharing! delowenstein
Feb 7, 2015
So simple and so delicious!
Nov 26, 2014
This is wonderful! Liked by even the pickiest dessert person. I make this according to directions and always turns out excellent. It is one of those desserts that gives the impression that it was difficult but it takes very little time to assemble. Great warm, cool or cold. Once they are cold they cut very nicely into squares or triangles. Looks pretty on a dessert table. Try this today!
Nov 1, 2011
I think I'll try this with the pumpkin cream cheese spread that I found for a great fall treat.
Oct 15, 2009
This is to die for. I've made a similar recipe, which tasted the same as this one, and I've not met anyone who wouldn't give a body part to have more of this! Be sure to eat it when it's still warm & have some vanilla ice cream on the side. The other recipe is called Sopapilla Cheesecake, but it has a lot more butter & sugar & an egg. This one was just as good as the one I have but without as much fat. It's still not an every day food & definitely not a breakfast item that would be a good start to a day...although it's really hard to NOT have it for breakfast when you have it available.