Cinnamon Roll Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Cheesecake, coffee cake and cinnamon rolls—all rolled into one! —Deanna Smith, Meridian, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 70 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- CINNAMON FILLING:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Spread three-fourths of batter into a greased 9-in. springform pan (batter will be thick). Set remaining batter aside.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over batter.
- Mix cinnamon filling ingredients. Drop by tablespoonfuls over cream cheese mixture. Cut through cream cheese filling with a knife to swirl the cinnamon filling. Drop reserved batter by tablespoonfuls over filling. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake until center is almost set, 70-80 minutes. Cover top loosely with foil during the last 30 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour; remove sides of pan. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 405 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.