Apple Cinnamon Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan. Combine cake mix, pie filling, eggs and oil; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Pour half of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar. Add remaining cake mix; top with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and enough water to reach desired consistency. Spoon glaze over cake, allowing some to flow over sides.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 392 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 28, 2019
Very delicious! And VERY moist. I think one the biggest hits of all my desserts for family get togethers. I added about 5-10 minutes to the recommended cook time following the previous reviews saying the cake might be a bit too moist. Turned out perfect! Not overdone at all. Also add a few pecans to top off the cake! Yum!
Sep 19, 2019
Made this yesterday, exact. If I make again think I will add some chopped nuts for texture. It was a wet cake (overly moist), will try with less oil also.
Sep 14, 2019
Made this yesterday for my son's birthday since he requested an Apple cake. I even used a sugar free cake mix and low sugar pie filling. Neither he nor my granddaughter knew the difference. And this morning it is so moist. It is easy to make. This is a keeper.
Aug 13, 2019
Turned out great! Very good cake that’s really moist.