Apple Nut Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups diced peeled apples
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Whipped cream or ice cream
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture (batter will be very thick). Stir in the apples, nuts.
- Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream or ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 222 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 317mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 13, 2011
This is a great recipe and very easy to make. Love it!
Oct 13, 2011
I made this cake with some leftover apples we had lying around. This cake is moist and flavorful and a snap to make. It's also yummy to have for breakfast. I highly recommend it!
Sep 29, 2011
Fabulous recipe. Would make it again any time. It's good hot, cold, with nothing or anything on top! Sprinkle a little cinn/sugar on top to get a crispy sweet crust. Very moist. My entire office loved it. A keeper for years to come.
Sep 22, 2011
I wasn't that impressed with this recipe.. The cake was moist, but relatively uneventful. For me, the ice cream is what makes this dessert (and I'm not sure that's the point)..
Jun 11, 2011
nice crunchy top and really moist inside. my husband could not stop eating it, after taking it to a potluck and it was a hit!
Jan 31, 2011
Almost tastes like bread pudding
Sep 17, 2010
I used icing from my regular apple cake recipe to frost this so it wouldn't be so dry. My guests liked it, but I'll stick with my reg. recipe.
Aug 21, 2010
would it work if you used whole wheat flour in this recipe?
Jul 11, 2010
The only recipe I will use now. Just perfect. Very moist, quick and a great taste. Kept it in for 45 minutes.