Cinnamon Baked Apples
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 large tart apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches), optional
- Whipped topping, optional
- Place apples in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Drizzle with lemon juice; toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. Pour over apples. Add cinnamon sticks if desired.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until apples are tender. Discard cinnamon. Serve warm with whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 304 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (60g sugars, 4g fiber), 0 protein.
Nov 28, 2015
Super easy and delicious recipe for when you need a quick snack or dessert. I've made it to go with breakfast and as a snack for the kids. Always well received.
Aug 20, 2014
this was so quick and easy to make. we love apples in our house and this is a great recipe. it reminded us of cracker barrels fried apples only these are baked and healthier. this is a keeper in our book
Dec 29, 2012
Really liked this, it was simple to make but honestly nothing out of the ordinary. Don't know whether I'd bother to make again - only because there are other more interesting recipes to try! But it was tasty, the apples were tender after 35 minutes and the sauce was very good - we had it as dessert with whipped cream.