Apple Pie Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and finely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Thinly sliced apples, optional
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add apples and brown sugar; cook and stir until apples are tender, 10-12 minutes. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes or. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- Using a paring knife, cut a 1-in.-wide cone-shaped piece from top of each cupcake; discard removed portion. Fill cavity with apple mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine all frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. If desired, top with apple slices to serve.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake: 300 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 17, 2018
Made these cupcakes for my son’s wedding rehearsal dinner and everyone loved them. They were a big hit. Easy and delious!
Nov 10, 2018
does anyone know how long in advance you can make these?? this recipe looks awesome !!! great for grandchildren too........i would imagine you have to refrigerate
Oct 23, 2018
Super simple and sweet! The buttercream frosting is just delicious.