Apple Pie Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream
These apple pie cupcakes are always a hit! They are so easy to make and the flavor just screams fall—of course, they're just as delicious any time of year, too. —Jennifer Stowell, Deep River, Iowa
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and finely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Thinly sliced apples, optional
- 1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add apples and brown sugar; cook and stir until apples are tender, 10-12 minutes. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes or. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- 3. Using a paring knife, cut a 1-in.-wide cone-shaped piece from top of each cupcake; discard removed portion. Fill cavity with apple mixture.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine all frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. If desired, top with apple slices to serve.
1 cupcake: 300 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 31, 2019These were very good
Nov 17, 2018Made these cupcakes for my son’s wedding rehearsal dinner and everyone loved them. They were a big hit. Easy and delious!
Nov 10, 2018does anyone know how long in advance you can make these?? this recipe looks awesome !!! great for grandchildren too........i would imagine you have to refrigerate
Oct 23, 2018Super simple and sweet! The buttercream frosting is just delicious.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC