Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 to 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 cups chopped apples (about 4 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk; stir just until moistened (dough will be soft and sticky).
- Turn dough onto a floured surface. Roll into an 18x12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon to within 1 in. of edges; top with apples. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Using a serrated knife, cut into 12 slices. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan, cut side down.
- In a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; bring to a boil, whisking to blend. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Pour over top.
- Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and bubbly, 45-55 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
1 serving: 339 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.