Apple Pear Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/4 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled pear
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Fold in apples and pear. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 313 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 14, 2017
This coffee cake is wonderful. Very moist, great flavor. I did find it too sweet the first time I made it so I cut back on the topping quite a bit and it still tasted very good. Nice change from a traditional coffee cake. Thank you for sharing.
Oct 19, 2017
This coffee cake is delicious! This cake is super moist and full of flavor. It is the best coffee cake I've ever made. I took it to work and everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. This recipe will be my go too for coffee cakes!!
Oct 4, 2017
Excellent coffee cake! Moist and flavorable and fruit pairs well together. Even made with a gluten free flour.
Oct 3, 2017
This is an excellent coffee cake recipe. It turned out super moist and delicious. I will definitely make it again.
Nov 13, 2016
I made this recipe on Friday and it was gone by Sunday morning. My son and my husband loved this recipe. It was really moist and had lots of flavor. Plus it's easy to make. I loved the topping. Very light, not filling recipe. It's a keeper!
Nov 7, 2016
Made exactly as directed. A very good and moist coffee cake.
Nov 23, 2014
This came out fantastic. Moist and tasty.
Oct 19, 2014
Great coffee cake. Very moist
Sep 24, 2014
I followed the recipe exactly and although it tastes great, I didnt have the same crumb topping. It seems like all the crumbb toppin I sprinkled over the top sank to the bottom :-(
May 28, 2014
I followed the recipe as stated except used only 2 granny smith apples and added cinnamon and nutmeg to the apples. It turned out soft and delicious. The topping was a little too sweet to our tastes. Other than that, this is a great recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.