Apple Pie Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- Set aside 1 tablespoon cake mix. Set aside 1-1/2 cups pie filling. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, water, oil, extract and remaining cake mix and pie filling; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour half into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and reserved cake mix; sprinkle over batter. Spoon reserved pie filling over batter to within 3/4 in. of edges; top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. drizzle over cooled cake.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 283 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit.
Sep 7, 2011
this cake is absolutely delicious! Moist, tastes like apple harvest time,but good any time of year!! My family raves over this cake.
Jun 12, 2011
I JUST MADE THIS LAST NIGHT AND O M G THIS WAS SO GOOD MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS COULD NOT STOP TALKING ABOUT HOW GOOD IT WAS.I WILL MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENT WAYS TO SEE HOW THEY ARE SINCE THIS WAS EXCELLENT WITH THE APPLE.THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE RECIPE.
Apr 24, 2010
I made this today for the first time and served it to guests. Everyone LOVED it! I gave out the recipe, too. DH, who is trying very hard not to eat treats, took another piece and raved about it. It's a keeper.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.