Apple Harvest Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 2-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream and additional cinnamon, optional
- In a large bowl, beat 2 cups sugar, oil, eggs, orange juice and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in apples.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. Carefully spread remaining batter over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream and additional cinnamon if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 376 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 11, 2018
Very good and not to difficult to make. Next time I make it I will add more of the cinnamon / sugar mixture as per family request.
Sep 29, 2016
I've been making this cake for 3 years now and it has become a family favorite. I do find splitting the batter in half a challenge, but the cinnamon in the middle is totally worth it.
Nov 3, 2011
My family and I loved this cake!
Sep 20, 2010
Easy to make and uses ingredients that I'm likely to have on hand. Delicious served warm with ice cream or left-overs can be used for breakfast or lunch.
Sep 13, 2010
I have found an apple cake I would make time and again. It is so wonderful, easy... and perfect.