Apple German Chocolate Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Place pie filling in a blender; cover and process until the apples are in 1/4-in. chunks. Pour into a large bowl; add cake mix and eggs. Beat on medium speed for 5 minutes. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 265 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 15, 2017
Moist, delicious and easy to make. I liked that the recipe didn't call for oil or butter. The pie filling gave the cake a subtle, yummy apple flavor. This one's a keeper!
May 10, 2012
use applesauce instead - make ahead , then freeze --- quick to thaw !!
Jan 26, 2012
I'm typically not a "chocolate" fan, yet the craving hit me. This recipe satisfied my chocolate craving tremendously! The "true" chocolate lovers in my house were very pleased as well.
Nov 25, 2009
Its moist, tastes great, and smells so good baking. Everyone loves it!
Nov 28, 2008
This was a great hit at our park "pot luck" - will make it again...soon - very moist and tasty! Thanks for sharing!
Nov 12, 2008
Very moist good cake. Great for picnics.