Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 large eggs, rom temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream and butter on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour half into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with apples. Combine the sugar, nuts and cinnamon; sprinkle half over the apples. Top with remaining batter and sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 326 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 409mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 18, 2018
Love this cake. It's just the right size for my family dinner. The only problem I have is sometimes finding the small size cake mix. Jiffy brand has one which only my local Walmart has. Hope they don't stop carrying it.
Oct 30, 2014
We really enjoyed this! Next time I will chop the nuts a bit smaller, but other than that it was perfect for us!
May 18, 2014
I was unimpressed. I doubled everything to accommodate a normal cake mix and a 9x13 pan. It's too much like a cake, rather than a coffee cake. The apples should be tossed with some cinnamon and sugar, rather than just sprinkled on top of them. More nuts would have been better too.
Feb 21, 2014
This is my favorite cake . I also add another apple (especially if they're small). Other than that, I follow the recipe exactly. It tastes like an apple cheesecake. Delicious.
Sep 27, 2013
Very good coffee cake, even my sister, really liked it, and she is very fussy, also like that it makes a 8" square pan.
Sep 25, 2013
My husband and I love this moist little cake, turns out delicious everytime!
Oct 17, 2012
I cannot wat to try this. I will use a regular size çake mix and double everything else. Cook it in a 9" x 13" pan.....hope it works!!
Sep 6, 2012
The best Apple coffeecake I ever had. We increased the apples by one and added more nuts. Make this recipe right now
Mar 30, 2012
This is GREAT!
Nov 9, 2011
I used (on accident) a larger cake recipe and like it so much that way that I won't bother to find a 9 oz mix!