Cranberry-Pear Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large pear, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the pear, cranberries and orange zest.
- Transfer to a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray and dusted with flour. Combine brown sugar and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 194 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Dec 28, 2015
Made with apples instead of pears; delicious!
Jun 6, 2013
Pears are one of my favorite fruits, so finding this recipe being **diabetic friendly** will suit me to a tee. Look fwd. to making AND sharing recipe. Thank You!
Dec 1, 2012
Made this yesterday. First time I've ever made a coffe cake. It was easy and came out great. The flavor is amazing. Will definitely be sharing the recipe and making this again myself.
Nov 25, 2012
Made it today. great recipe! Very easy to make. Moist, not excessively sweet, and my family loved it! even my very picky 4 year old got to help and even ate a piece! Love this recipe!