Baked Apple Slices
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 3 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup walnuts or raisins
- Vanilla ice cream
- Place apples in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cider, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger; pour over apples. Dot with butter. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 506 calories, 31g fat (15g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 6, 2015
This is good if you want that apple pie taste without the crust. I used 4 med sized apples, and still thought that a stick of butter was way too much. So I only used 2-3 TBLSP, and it came out fine. (All other similar recipes I found did not even call for butter at all.) I also added a little water over the apples and a tsp of vanilla, as well as a few golden raisins and some nuts. Excellent over vanilla ice cream!
Dec 26, 2014
I recently prepared this dish and received raves from my family. I fixed it as a side dish instead of a dessert and it was delicious. I liked it because the oven does all the work. We will definitely have these delicious apples again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home.
Oct 31, 2014
Great healthy dessert
Dec 21, 2011
So good, the whole family loved it over vanilla ice cream.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.